Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chocolate Biscuit Cake

I said I'd share the recipe for the Chocolate Biscuit Cake I made for my birthday. It's a brilliant recipe with no baking involved. The cake itself has a gazillion calories so not recommended for those on a diet! I got the recipe off my friend Debs.

275g Butter
150ml Golden Syrup
225g Good Quality Chocolate (e.g. Cadburys)
400g Digestive Biscuits
400g Rich Tea Biscuits
1 Packet of Malteasers
Optional Extras: Raisins, Nuts, Marshmallows

1. Mash up the biscuits (the rich tea can be a bit tough so put them in a bag and bash them with cup).
2. Melt the chocolate, syrup and butter.
3. Mix everything together in a really big bowl.
4. Put in a grease lined tin, cool and stick in the fridge.

Voila. Can't get easier than that!

Still planning the Rainbow Cake for Beth's 3rd birthday and will have lots of photos of that! I'm going to do a princess theme. Lots of pink and sparkles for my little princess.

In 3 weeks Beth and I are jetting off to the south of Spain for our first ever foreign holiday. Can't wait!! We're both very excited :-)

In writing news, I'm still working on the Bleeker Avenue sequel, the new project and a collaboration of short stories with a writer friend.

Busy, busy!!

2 comments:

  1. Wɦеn I originally commentеd I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox ɑnd now each time a comment is added I get four emails with
    the same commеnt. Is thеre any way уou can remove me from that service?

    Thanks a lot!

    My web blog derm exclusive vs meaningful beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I had a look but I've no idea why this is happening. Is there a link in the email to show you how to turn off notifications?

      Delete