Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NaNoWriMo

 Happy Halloween from a little witch!

Tomorrow, November 1st, starts my first attempt at NaNoWriMo. Basically, during the month of November, writers of every discipline, genre, traditional or indie published can get together online and bang out 50,000 words. That is 1,667 words per day.

It'll be tough but I'm looking forward to it. I have my writing space (spare room) all ready to go and in the next month my hair may go grey! When I was finishing Bleeker Avenue I was spending all my free time writing. As soon as Beth went to bed I'd go straight to the laptop. I plan to do this again. I remember coming out of these writing marathons dazed. It took a while to come round to reality again.

The project I'm working on is called Diary of a Trolley Dolly. It's just a working title. It is about a woman who leaves her home town to become cabin crew. I did this myself almost 10 years ago but the story will be purely fictional. There will be lots of sex, drugs and turbulence. A lot more exciting than my own experience!

A little witch ready to fly to a Halloween party this morning.

We had wings for a bat too but went with the witch in the end :-)

Hope you all have a spooktacular day!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with Nano! It sounds like an interesting idea! I love the little witch. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Krista. Good luck to you too although you don't need it! Your word count so far is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete