Monday, December 3, 2012

Thank Heavens for December (well, in one way)


Well, I did it. I finished NaNoWriMo as a winner on 50,008 words! Super proud of myself. It was a real push to win. I still had around 17,000 words to do this this last week but I made it.

Of course, my novel isn't finished. I'm predicting it will be about 90k words when I'm finished the first draft. Maybe 80k when completed. I've also changed the title to Devil in the Clouds. I like that for the moment but, who knows, I may change it again.

In other news, eh well, there's not much since I have been practically glued to the laptop for the last few weeks. 

In two days time the Irish Budget 2013 will be announced. It will hit everyone, some will feel the pinch more than others. I know I will have to make some adjustments; cut things that I really don't want to but these things must be done, I guess.

The one thing that is almost certain is that they will cut the Children's Allowance. They should not do this in my opinion. A lot of families rely on this money to get by every month. Cutting this money will affect the children and put more people on the breadline. There are protests going on here all the time but not enough people are attending them, the government won't listen unless we all stand up against injustices. There is going to be another protest this Saturday in Dublin, Dundalk and as many towns/cities that can do it. If you are in Ireland support these protests, get out and stand up! There is a Facebook event page for the Dundalk one.

Protest against cuts outside Dundalk Court House last Friday

On a Christmas-y note, Beth and I put up the Christmas tree yesterday. I just couldn't resist any longer. I'm really looking forward to it and, thankfully, I've everything sorted!

Beth yesterday morning after we put up the tree

She has me tortured to open doors on the Advent Calendar!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations as a NaNoWriMo winner! That is great news! You stopped by my blog and I came by to visit yours and now I'm following. :) Your tree and your lit'l one are adorable. :) Christmas is my FAVORITE time of year and we FINALLY got our snow.. Snow that we should have had a month ago - at least! Congratulations again and I'll be back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you now too MiMi :-)

    I love Christmas too. No snow here yet, just very cold and icy. Would love a white Christmas but we usually get our snow in January, if it does come!

    ReplyDelete