Monday, February 24, 2014

Dundalk 10k Fun Run.... Again!

It's been two years since I did the Dundalk 10k Fun Run and I'm about to do it again, in five weeks! I just decided yesterday morning. So, I donned my, now grubby, runners and stepped out into the cold. Well, in fairness, the weather has changed a bit here in Ireland. We are now experiencing something akin to Spring! At long last. It was a bitter Winter.

When I began Weight Watchers back in 2010, running something like this was far from my expectations. In truth, I'm not a very sporty person. I hate contact sport (partaking, not watching because I actually love rugby). P.E. at school was a nightmare for me. We always had to play basketball or volleyball and being short, these things did not come easy to me. However, I really like running. It's just me and my music when I'm training and, when I did the 10k two years ago, the camaraderie was brilliant. Of course, there were people competing for first place but I was no where near that standard! You can find the original post about my first 10k here. Incidentally, when I went to get the link for that post, I noticed the comment below. I had forgotten about it. It's from my Aunt Margaret, who passed away a few months later. Cancer is such a horrible disease.

I'm also hoping to lose about a stone from the training. I've been quite bold lately and need to get back on track. Yesterday I did 2.5km and this morning 2.6km. My thighs are killing me!!
My Weight Watchers gold membership card is mocking me from my wallet!
In other news, Devil in the Clouds is entered into ABNA and I'm back to working on my third novel, Allie's Return. It's like coming home.

I got a new phone yesterday. I was due an upgrade from Three and went with the Samsung Galaxy S4. I love it! I don't know how to use all the features yet but I'm getting there. I've also downloaded the Kindle app and I'm reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I haven't seen the new movie yet but will after I finish the book. I love Leonardo DiCaprio in anything (except Titanic, which in my opinion, almost destroyed his career), so I'm sure I'll like the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment