Monday, March 31, 2014

Lend Me A Tenor

The Dolmen Theatre Group in Dundalk is putting on Ken Ludwig's Lend Me A Tenor and I am going to be helping out backstage. I haven't helped out with a production since I was pregnant (youth theatre) and haven't done backstage at An Táin Theatre in seven years! I studied theatre in college, but always acted. Someday, I'd like to go back to acting.

I was at rehearsal last night and will be in An Táin every night this week. I really missed being part of a production. I've been involved in this kind of thing since I was thirteen, but, since Beth came along, I haven't had the free time to get back into it. Hopefully, this will be the start of more participation in loads of productions!

Tonight's rehearsal starts at 6pm and tomorrow evening will be the tech rehearsal ahead of Wednesday's opening night. It is hilarious and the actors are sure to bring the house down!

Poster for the play
The only slight snag is that I won't be able to take part in the Dundalk 10k on Wednesday evening. Running is great and all, but I do prefer a little theatre ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment