Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year, New Me?

Belated Happy New Year to all my readers! I know, I've been terrible. No posts since last October. I knew I had been bad, but not that bad! 

Well, it's ok, I'm back now ;-)

To start off, I did not complete NaNoWriMo. Bad me! I got about 10k words into a new story and realised I hated my new MC. Actually, hate is probably too strong a word. I really disliked her anyway. She bugged me, she was mean and selfish. I know that's not really an excuse for not completing the challenge, but it did make everything more difficult. In the end, I gave up. Ah well, there's always NaNo 2015!

Christmas went off without a hitch. Santa came down the chimney, as expected, and brought Beth a baby doll who wees and poos (and has nappies that cost a fortune!). We went to a hotel for Christmas dinner (never again, price was extortionate for what you get). I got a few nice things and generally had a lovely relaxing holiday.

And now we're back. Early mornings. Lunch boxes. Uniforms. Blogs. Manuscripts. Routine. Reality. 

Usually, every January, I put my New Year's Resolutions on this blog, but not this year. I don't think I need to 'change' anything, as such. I don't smoke, rarely drink (apart from a slight indulgence over the holidays). I have vices, of course, but nothing that warrants a big overhaul of my life. Instead, I plan to do more of what I have been doing.

In 2015, I plan to write more, read more, exercise more, save more and try to camp out more! 

I also plan to do less of some things. Worry less, stress less, eat less (need to lose about a stone in weight). 

By the end of the year, I would hope to have a first draft of a new book and be querying agents/publishers with my third book.

So, in brief, I'd like to do more of what I should and less of what I shouldn't. Easy peasy ;-)

Have a lovely Monday. I'm off to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment